Rumour A Mysterious Note Found At The Great Smials Library

Discussion in 'Rumours & Gossip' started by Pycella, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Pycella Member

A mysterious note found at the Great Smials library

Today, I was rummaging the Grand Smials library, searching for a long-forgotten pie recipe or two. When I was leafing through a worn mushroom recipe book, I suddenly found an old note tucked between the pages. By the looks of it, the parchment was very old and the writing on it had almost worn off, but when I went out and studied the paper in the bright daylight, I could make out the words on top of the note: ”A Toolman’s Treasure”!

Following this, there is a short text that seems to be a clue that leads to the treasure itself. While I am still trying to figure out what it says, I would ike to ask if anyone would be interested to help with the treasure seeking? I am not the best riddle solver in these parts, it would surely be wise to have some company with quicker wits. And well, it’s always more fun to have some grand company with you.

If you are interested in this mysterious quest, please meet me inside the Great Smials (the main hall) on Tuesday September 4th, at seven and half bells in the evening. Feel free to bring some food along – we might have a long stroll ahead!

Yours, Pycella

PS. If the date is not good for many of you, we can do this on another day instead!
    Wiberic, Tibba, Potty and 3 others like this.
  2. Nimelia Voluntary Assistant Chief

Right! I'm sold!

Uh oh. Erm ... alright, I need volunteers!

I hereby issue a general license for quick-witted riddle solving!

... but if any tools or tool schematics are discovered in the process, they're mine!
    Pycella and Tibba like this.
  3. Lina Chief

Sounds like a grand venture!

I am away on travels that day, but good luck solving them riddles!
  4. Benjyman Member

I may have to visit the Elves again that day, but if not, I would love to go on an adventure.
  5. Rubellita Member

Unfortunately I'll be traveling that day, even the entire week.
  6. Tibba Voluntary Assistant Chief

I am happy to volun... Eeek, no, I am away on travels myself on tuesday (until thursday). Do yer think we could pick another day? I would love to help with the food, er, I mean, the riddles.
  7. Pycella Member

Okies! I think it would be wise to postpone this adventure a bit, so that all volunteers and their foods can come too!

So, we will meet on Sunday, September 23rd, at seven and half bells at the Great Smials. See you there!

And don't worry: thanks to my nosiness, I might need your help in other similar affairs too in the not-too-distant future!
    Tibba, Rubellita, Lina and 1 other person like this.
  8. Tibba Voluntary Assistant Chief

Hoooray! Thank yer for moving the event, Miss Pycella!
  9. Pycella Member

Thanks all for your help with the search! Here is a summary of what happened at the treasure hunt!