Grand Order 11th anniversary party, Sunday 7 October

Discussion in 'Public Events' started by Lina, Oct 1, 2018.

Grand Order 11th anniversary party

4 Brookbank Street, Songburrow
Confirmed Attendees: 7
Start Date: Sunday 7 October 19:30 PM
End Date: Sunday 7 October 21:30 PM
Time zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
You can not Sign Up for this event
This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have Signed Up Yes: 7
  1. Lina Chief

[IMG]

111 years! We've been around for 11 years!
    Oh dear... I suppose this means we have to celebrate?
    Yer right, we will! And we hope to see yer there!

The hobbits of The Grand Order of the Lost Mathom have great delight in inviting our friends and acquaintances to a party of special magnificence on occasion of our eleventh anniversary!

Date: Sunday October 7
    Time: 7:30PM UK time (2:30PM servertime)
    Location: 4 Brookbank Street, Songburrow, Shire Homesteads, Laurelin server

A decade and then some

The Grand Order of the Lost Mathom was founded on October 9th eleven years ago. This means it is time to celebrate!

So, there will be a grand party including speeches, drinks, food, fireworks and entertainment. The kitchens in Songburrow are gearing up already, and there is sure to be a few unexpected surprises as well. Will Strollers or Badgers show up? Will there be brandy? Dancing bears? Grumpy gaffers? Games and competitions? Gifts for the guests? Perhaps! Just don't be surprised should you find some free-roaming oinkers in the village.

Welcome to good friends, neighbours and acquaintances! We hope to see you in Songburrow!

OOC:

We would be delighted to extend our hospitality to the hobbits of the Shire, as well as to good friends among the dwarves and the big folk.

The event will be held IC within a RP atmosphere ((so no OOC talk, even in brackets)). Weapons and armour should not be worn within the bounds of Songburrow; please dress for a social gathering or in traveling garb. Please leave your pets at home.

Welcome friends!
  2. Lully Member

My very best wishes to all Grand Order hobbits, of the present and of the past, on the celebration of eleven years together *cheers loudly*
    Rubellita, Pycella and Lina like this.
  3. Lina Chief

Tentative general schedule:
    • Welcome
    • Music
    • Speech
    • Game
    • Meal
    • Tales
    • Music
    • Nightcap
    Fireworks in-between. See yer in Songburrow tonight! Welcome!
  4. Potty Member

A happy eleventh anniversary everyone!

*cheers*

Eleven years, now that's a lot of grand times!
    Wildigard likes this.
  5. Lina Chief

Riddle number 1:
    Flowers, leaves and stems abound
    Pattern going round and round

Riddle number 2
    Wild they are when out and free
    Calm though are our horses three

Riddle number 3
    Twenty-five both large and small
    Fun may come from one and all

Riddle number 4
    Round and round, all night, all day
    Children love it anyway

Riddle number 5
    If you're shy in ways of love
    Danger looms from high above

Riddle number 6:
    Hidden in the plainest sight
    Ready for a nimble bite
    Wildigard likes this.
  6. Lina Chief

Answers:
    1. Wreath
    2. Small Rohirric Tapestry
    3. Shelf of stacked rohirrim mugs
    4. Toy windmill
    5. Mistletoe
    6. Pesky dormouse

Menu:
    So, we have two starters for yer, to get yer going
    Fried mushrooms with generous shavings of Songburrow cheese
    And tender Bywater catfish cakes.

Next, we'll have three mains.
    Budgeford piggy pie.
    Sandsons chuck pie.
    Bamfurlong leek and mushroom pie.
    All served with the usual roast tatties and veggies.

And lastly, we have pudding!
    Appledores toffee and apple crumble pie, with custard and cream
    Plus Brockenborings-baked biscuits to go with the tea.
  7. Ambrinna Member

A grand evening which I enjoyed immensely. Happy Anniversary!
    Wildigard likes this.
  8. Rubellita Member

It has been a lovely evening. Happy Anniversary and on our way to twelve!
    Wildigard likes this.
  9. Lina Chief

Grand times yesterday! Thanks all for a lovely anniversary party!

Here are some drawings from the night

anniverary 01.jpg

anniverary 02.jpg

anniversary 03.jpg

anniversary 04.jpg

anniversary 05.jpg

anniversary 06.jpg

anniversary 07.jpg

anniversary 08.jpg

anniversary 09.jpg
    Wildigard, Pycella, Rubellita and 3 others like this.
  10. Rubellita Member

Miss Tholpa, Miss Apri and myself ended up in an Elven village and had a great adventure in finding our way back to the Shire via Needlehole. We have decided to write a book about it!
    Pycella and Lina like this.
  11. Tholpa Member

True.That was epic adventure full of dangers,distant lands,unknown mysteries and true friendship!I'm sure you have better skills what comes to writing(i'M jsut lerning to read).
    Pycella and Rubellita like this.
  12. Lina Chief

Here is Granmama's tale about the early Order days and Rowana:

Hullo, me dears! You know that you are all dear to me, member of the Order or not.

I've been tracing my memory to see if I can remember anything about the founding of the Grand Order of the Lost Mathom.

O, and I remember a certain lass, Rowana Fairborn, quite well. She went to school with one of my own bairns and I was good friends with her mother.

A curious lass, young Rowana was:
    Always trying to find out things about history and other subjects, but hobbit history mostly.

So she often visited the Mathom House in Michel Delving, having lengthy discussion with the keeper, Brombard Foxtail. And Rowana had something to say about the way Foxtail treated the mathoms in his collection!

According to her, the best thing he did to them, was to dust them off, occasionally. But he also made sure to keep eager hands from touching them! And that is what Rowana wanted the most: to study the mathoms closely, not just look at them!

They argued a lot about he sense and nonsense about that. But in the end, the lass was allowed to study more closely the most prized mathom of the collection: Bullroarer Took's Club!

Her conclusion was simply put:
    "It's a forgery, a fraud, not the real thing"
    "And how can it not be, as you keep more than five so-called Bullroarer's clubs in your storage!"

Brombard Foxtail was outraged, as he knew Rowana would not keep her findings to herself. It would be a disgrace to the Mathom House, if she told all Hobbits that the best piece of his collection was bogus.

So young Rowana was banned from the Mathom House!

But she still had that urge to study history and historical mathoms. And so the founded "the Grand Order of the Lost Mathom"!

In a MATHOM, well some of them, lie a lot of facts about Hobbit History, she knew.
    LOST as in not found and confiscated by the Mathom Society, aka the Mathom House.
    ORDER, as in studying in a methodical, scientifical and orderly fashion, going as deep as necessary.
    GRAND was how she envisioned her own "Mathom House", right here in Songburrow. And her vision has come true!

And grand are the hobbits who have taken her seriously and are carrying on her good work.Let's have a drink to toast them and their founder Rowana Fairborn!

Now I wonder what has become of her? Does any of you know?
    Wildigard, Pycella, Rubellita and 2 others like this.
  13. Pycella Member

Thanks everyone for a grand party, especially Miss Lina for organizing! *cheers*

My after-party adventure told with two pictures:

ScreenShot01129.jpg
    First, some ales at the Golden Perch, where I met a promising wannabe bounder

Later, after some ales from another mysterious keg:
    ScreenShot01133.jpg
    The eagles were too busy to rescue me, so this owl has to do...