Songburrow yule tree raising, Saturday 15 December

Discussion in 'Public Events' started by Lina, Nov 8, 2018.

Songburrow yule tree raising

4 Brookbank Street, Songburrow
Confirmed Attendees: 5
Start Date: Saturday 15 December 19:30 PM
End Date: Saturday 15 December 20:30 PM
Time zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
You can not Sign Up for this event
This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have Signed Up Yes: 5
  1. Lina Chief

[IMG]

Serve up the mulled wine!
    Raise the yule tree!
    Let us celebrate the start of yule together!

Date: Saturday December 15
    Time: 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime)
    Location: Songburrow Hall, Songburrow, 4 Brookbank Street, Shire homesteads, Laurelin server

Yule is near, and what better way to celebrate than meet yer fellow hobbits and greet the festive season welcome? The Grand Order is happy ter invite our friends over to our kin hall Saturday December 15. We’ll put up our yule tree, have some mulled wine and enjoy some yule music!

Rumours also have it that there will be a play performed: A rousing yule carol, starring none other than local grumpy hobbit Matzo! And a whole lot of others too. Yay!

Welcome!

OOC:
    Depending on the progress, we may do some last-minute reshoots for the 2018 Hobbit yule video too.
    Mollywobbles and Wiberic like this.
  2. Lina Chief

Grand party everyone! Lovely to see so many there!

Here are some drawings from the night:

songburrow yule 03.jpg

songburrow yule 02.jpg

songburrow yule 01.jpg

songburrow yule 04.jpg

songburrow yule 05.jpg

songburrow yule 06.jpg
  3. Wildigard Member

Grand drawings and this new Yule tree is gorgeous! At last our Mayour did something good *giggles*
    by the way who is sitting on the top of that table with scrolls and texts (i don't know how to properly name this table)?
    -master Potty was in green that day right? *smile*
    -and as i see miss Lina has two new helpers the yellow one and the dwarf *smile*
    Yeah. we definitely need to have tag a hobbit feature, i think it's quite possible to do. Maybe master Simbo can help us?
    Mollywobbles, Rubellita and Potty like this.
  4. Rubellita Member

Where the rest of us were struggling with Poetical and memorising our lines, Anerra had the luxury of some cheat sheets on, what we called, the lectern (that high table).

Others may call it the drum throne.
    Wildigard, Mollywobbles and Pycella like this.
  5. Wildigard Member

Thank yer for clarification miss Rubellita! Will remember this word lectern, and drum throne sound grand too *giggle*
    Mollywobbles likes this.
  6. Mollywobbles Member

Grand photo of my impromptu dancing after I dropped me pipes! *giggles*

It was a great event; well done errbody! *cheers*
    Wildigard and Rubellita like this.
  7. Simbo Bandmaster of the Songburrow Strollers

Ooh! Were there problems with Poetical, Miss Rubellita? (Although I am largely out of the bounds these days, I don't mind making amendments to my plugins, if required!)
    Mollywobbles and Wildigard like this.
  8. Rubellita Member

I'm sorry, Master Simbo, if my banter (that's what it was) made you worry about Poetical. No, it is a great tool! In fact, we persuaded other actors to take the step from Lyrical to Poetical and they were delighted.

The struggling (if any) was mostly due to the script being very long. But then we put bookmarks in and it was a lot easier to handle. The possibility to "comment out" lines was also gratefully received.
    Pycella, Mollywobbles and Wildigard like this.