The Badgers Visit Winterstock, Sunday 14 January

Discussion in 'Public Events' started by Lina, Jan 9, 2018.

The Badgers visit...

Silver Deep Mine, Thorin's Gate, Landroval server
Confirmed Attendees: 7
Start Date: Sunday 14 January 21:00 PM
End Date: Sunday 14 January 22:00 PM
Time zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
You can not Sign Up for this event
This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have Signed Up Yes: 7
  1. Lina Chief

Winterstock is on this coming weekend. Them even say that the Brandy Badgers have woken up from their winter snooze to go visit there. Who will herd them rascally berry-eaters over there, though? Come see on Sunday!

Date: Sunday January 14
    Time: 9PM UK time (4PM servertime)
    Location: Landroval server, Thorin's Gate, small lake just pond of Frerin's Court (near Silver Deep Mine)

The fifth annual Winterstock Music Festival, presented by the Lonely Mountain Band. All shows will be held at the frozen pond next to the lower-entrance to the Silver Deep Mine in Thorin's Gate ((Ered Luin region: 14.6S, 102.2W)). There will also be pie, ale, and pipeweed, but do dress warmly! Lots of bands will play over the weekend, including several from Laurelin.

The Songburrow Strollers played at Winterstock in 2014, while the Strollers herded the Badgers there in 2015. The Badgers played on their own in 2017, and they will do so this time too. Would some kind hobbit put out a trail of berries for them, hm? Or perhaps we need to hire us some herders...

Come along, bounce and dance, and bring berries to feed the Badgers!

To attend the event, you will have to roll up a character on the Landroval server. The event is held in a safe, low-level zone, so you won't have to level up much to attend. Just get out of the starter zone, and you can hitch a ride to Thorin's Gate and follow the stream of folks towards the pond.

Please note: While us Grand Order hobbits on occasion visit other servers, our home is, has always been and will be on Laurelin. So this is a rare visit for most of us to furrin lands!

The schedule for Sunday (and Monday) below. For more information about the whole weekend, see LOTRO Artists.

Pennyroyal likes this.
  2. Pennyroyal Member

*Cheers* Penniroyal is so keen she's not left the frozen pond for 11 months! She can play all basic instruments except the pibgorn (needs lvl 20) and bagpipes (needs lvl 25). I'll see if I can get her to lvl 20 by Sunday; lvl 25 might be out of reach.
    Rubellita and Potty like this.
  3. Pycella Member

Great evening and music! *cheers* Thanks Badgers and all folks at Winterstock! It was fun to attend this event again!
    Anerra, Rubysue, Lully and 2 others like this.
  4. Lully Member

I was so busy trying to keep in line that I forgot to sketch *chuckles*
    Pycella and Potty like this.
  5. Anerra Member

An awesome night indeed, thank you all! *cheers*
    Potty, Pycella and Lully like this.
  6. Lina Chief

badgers winterstock 01.jpg

badgers winterstock 02.jpg

Good times! Thanks all! Here are a few drawings from myself too.

Also, here is the set(t) list from last night:
    1. Devils and dust (Shire home song) short version - Bruce Springsteen
    2. Dance above the rainbow - Ronan Hardiman
    3. Ramblin' man (Brandy Badgers style) - Allman Brothers Band
    4. Pay me my money down (Pass me that biscuit jar) - Trad/Bruce Springsteen version
    5. Fake Plastic Trees (Shy hobbit) - Radiohead
    6. Locomotive breath (Brockenborings brew) - Jethro Tull
    7. Under pressure (Dashing pierate song) - Queen & David Bowie
    8. Hymn (Green Dragon Hymn) - Barclay James Harvest
    9. Village Lanterne (Pycella's friendship song) - Blackmore's night
    10. Great song of Indifference (Open up the gate) - Bob Geldof
    11. Devils and dust (Shire home song) full version - Bruce Springsteen
    12. Barbara Allen (Grand Shire life song) - Blackmore's Night
    Anerra, Rubellita, Wildigard and 5 others like this.
  7. Pennyroyal Member

A couple more drawings:

A fine example of a Badger line!

Wildigard, Rubysue, Potty and 3 others like this.
  8. Ambrinna Member

I was so busy following Miss Nimelia with my drum i forgot to take a drawing as well. Was great fun to be involved in such a big event!
    Anerra, Potty, Pycella and 1 other person like this.
  9. Pycella Member

Here is the video of the Badgers' performance at Winterstock, shared by Miss Hollyberye!

*smiles* I am so happy to be part of this merry group!
    Wildigard, Anerra, Rubellita and 4 others like this.
  10. Lina Chief

Here is another video, of "Open up the gate".
    Wildigard, Anerra, Rubellita and 3 others like this.
  11. Anerra Member

Thank you all for the lovely paintings and moving paintings, I still smile when I think of that night *smiles happily*
    Lully and Pycella like this.